This is the third of our CPD certified e-learning courses aimed at care home staff involved in any aspect of medicines use. We recommend that students first complete our Medicines use in care homes: courses 1 and 2 as this course builds on the content covered in the first two. We are a Skills for Care endorsed provider.
The course is broken down into six modules including:
1. Medicines and falls risk
2. Antipsychotic medicines in dementia
3. Administration of anticoagulants
4. Administration of methotrexate and other cytotoxic medicines
5. Administration of bisphosphonates
6. Administration of medicines used in Parkinson’s disease
There are also two practical case studies that will help apply learning to practice.
The course should take around 2.5 hours in total to complete, but we recommend that it is taken in stages and not in a single sitting.
Quizzes at the end of each module will test understanding and recap on key learning points, and a pass mark of 70% is required in the final assessment to complete the course and receive a certificate.