This CPD certified e-learning course is aimed at medicines optimisation teams, GPs, practice nurses, practice pharmacists and non-medical prescribers. It carries an endorsement statement from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
The course is broken down into six modules plus two optional modules including:
1. Background to chronic heart failure
2. Team working in the management of heart failure
3. Diagnosis of heart failure
3a. NT-proBNP testing
4. Treating heart failure with reduced ejection fraction
4a. The evidence base for ACEis, ARBs and beta-blockers
5. Specialist treatment for heart failure with reduced ejection fraction
6. Pharmacological treatment and lifestyle advice for all types of heart failure
There are also two practical case studies that will help apply learning to practice.
The course should take around 2.5 hours in total to complete, but we recommend that it is taken in stages and not in a single sitting.
Quizzes at the end of each module will test understanding and recap on key learning points, and a pass mark of 70% is required in the final assessment to complete the course and receive a certificate.