This CPD certified e-learning course is designed for GPs, nurse prescribers, PCN and practice pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, medicines optimisation teams and community pharmacists.
The course is broken down into nine modules including:
1. The burden of type 2 diabetes
2. Education, lifestyle and individualised care
3. Management of hypertension
4. Lipid modification and antiplatelets
5. Blood glucose targets
6. Types of hypoglycaemic drugs
7. Guidelines on the management of blood glucose
8. Cardiovascular Outcome Trials (CVOTs)
9. Managing complications of type 2 diabetes
There’s also three practical case studies which consider the management of type 2 diabetes in different patient scenarios.
The course should take around 4 hours in total to complete, but we recommend that it is taken in stages and not in a single sitting.
Quizzes at the end of each module will test understanding and recap on key learning points, and a pass mark of 70% is required in the final assessment to complete the course and receive a certificate.