This is the second of our CPD certified e-learning courses aimed at domiciliary carers working in the community. It is based on guideline 67 from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (or NICE) which was published in March 2017.
The course is broken down into seven modules including:
1. Supporting people to take their medicines
2. Oral administration of “solid” forms of medicines
3. Administration of liquid medicines
4. Administration of inhalers
5. Administration of eye drops
6. Administration of patches
7. Application of topical products
There are also three practical case studies that will help apply learning to practice.
The course should take around 4 hours in total to complete, but we recommend that it is taken in stages and not in a single sitting.
Quizzes at the end of each module will test understanding and recap on key learning points, and a pass mark of 70% is required in the final assessment to complete the course and receive a certificate.