This CPD certified e-learning course is aimed at non-clinical staff in GP practices that manage the repeat prescribing process. It is a significant update to the original 2017 version.
The course is broken down into 10 modules including:
1. Introduction and medication basics
2. Information sources and prescription requirements
3. Electronic Prescription Service
4. Repeat prescribing
5. Medicines in care homes
6. Dispensing Appliance Contractors
7. Hospital discharge information
8. Formularies, traffic lights, “specials” and prescribing incentive schemes
9. Self-care and Community pharmacy
10. Diabetes, asthma and COPD
There are also three practical case studies covering repeat prescription requests, care home prescriptions and hospital discharges.
The course should take around 4 hours 50 minutes in total to complete, but we recommend that it is taken in stages and not in a single sitting.
Quizzes at the end of each module will test understanding and recap on key learning points, and a pass mark of 70% is required in the final assessment to complete the course and receive a certificate.