This is the first of our CPD certified e-learning courses aimed at domiciliary carers working in the community. It is based on guideline 67 from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (or NICE) which was published in March 2017.
The course is broken down into seven modules including:
1. NICE guideline 67 on “Managing medicines for adults receiving social care in the community”
2. Person centred medicines assessment
3. Sharing information and record keeping
4. Managing concerns about medicines
5. Ordering and supplying medicines
6. Ordering and supplying medicines
7. Transporting, storing and disposing of medicines
There are also two practical case studies that will help apply learning to practice.
The course should take around 2.5 hours in total to complete, but we recommend that it is taken in stages and not in a single sitting.
Quizzes at the end of each module will test understanding and recap on key learning points, and a pass mark of 70% is required in the final assessment to complete the course and receive a certificate.